• 4 count 4 oz tuna steaks
• Gourmet Warehouse Sesame Ginger Marinade
• Extra virgin olive oil to season the grill (or oil of your choice)
• Sesame seeds to crust (optional) • Finely chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
1) n a large non-reactive dish (glass, plactic, or ceramic for best flavor) or resealable plastic bag, place the tuna steaks in the dish or bag and pour ½ – 1 cup of Sesame Ginger marinade for every pound of tuna and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2) Preheat grill or griddle to high heat.
3) Lightly oil grill grate or griddle top. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting with more of our Sesame Ginger Marinade after each turn.
4)Discard any remaining marinade.
(Note: 5-6 minutes will give you a nice medium sear, but you can cook them longer to desired doneness if you prefer.)
5) Baste or lightly oils the sides of the steaks after cooking and roll in the sesame seeds
6) Slice, then sprinkle with the chopped cilantro (as pictured above)!