Dear Friends, Customers and Retail Partners,
We know by now that you have received these types of messages many times
over by now. The situation with COVID-19 continues to change by the day and
this impact is being felt across every industry. We
continue to monitor and follow directives from the World Health Organization (WHO) and
the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as
related to COVID-19. Providing a safe and healthy work environment for our
employees while also doing all we can to be a good business partner for our
customers and retail partners. Mr. Elmer Gates, a man who had a great influence
on us once said, “The best thing you can do for your community is to operate a
successful business”. As we all face the economic fallout from COVID-19, Mr.
Gates words continue to ring true. We are doing our very best within the
guidelines provided to operation a safe and sanitary operation for our
employees as well as our customers. Though our GFSi certified manufacturing
facility already goes to great lengths to ensure ongoing
sanitary conditions, we are also enhancing any and all cleaning
procedures. We have also locked down our office and facility to essential
Below are details on how we are actively managing against COVID-19:
- We are following the directives and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- We have increased our daily cleaning routines, including more frequent hand washing, use of sanitizer and constant cleaning of all equipment.
- Employees are using latex-free or disposable gloves whenever necessary
- We require our employees to practice proper hygiene, washing their hands with soap often and following proper cough and sneeze protocols
- All employees feeling ill or displaying any symptoms of illness are being provided excused absences and asked to stay at home until they are well
- All personnel that can do so are working from home.
Gourmet Warehouse has always had a personal connection with the communities we serve, through retail partnerships, our national sales team and broker partners and most importantly with the customers that purchase our products. We are currently still producing and shipping product. If our production ability is altered in the future, we will post an update. Throughout the uncertainty ahead, we remain committed to serving you to the best of our ability.
Stephanie & Richard Camputaro
Gourmet Warehouse, Inc.